CALL OUT FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS EXCITING NEW PROJECT EVEN IF YOU CAN VOLUNTEER FOR ONE HOUR A WEEK…
FRONTLINE STRESS & TRAUMA RELIEF
For NHS Intensive Care, Emergency Department and Ambulance Workforce Staff
We are looking for experienced EFT/MRA practitioners who wish to volunteer their skills and expertise throughout the coronavirus pandemic to support our frontline workers.
If you can spare even one hour a week, please join our team.
Our doctors, nurses and paramedics are effectively in a war zone as they fight this pandemic.
I know it’s a tough analogy – but it’s the one that is being used; that they are using.
They are either in the middle of the battle, experiencing extreme, unprecedented conditions; or preparing ‘in the trenches’ for what is highly likely to arrive; some are feeling ‘shell-shocked’ already.
From the results attained during the ‘pilot scheme’ we have been running, we believe they could benefit greatly from our emotional support and professional skills.
Many are having to experience things that they are not prepared for; others are terrified of what may come.
Our aim is to help minimise their suffering and maximise their capacity to support others.
It feels right to continue to offer our services for free at present.
To support those on the front-line of COVID-19, we need you to be:
- Fully qualified – Advanced with trauma training
- Experienced – Practising regularly for at least 2 years
- Fully insured
- Flexible around session times, to allow shift workers to connect when they are able
- Able to offer Skype/Zoom/FaceTime
- Aware and capable of setting and maintaining own boundaries with the client
- Prepared to join the Frontline Stress & Trauma Practitioner FB private group to share experiences, offer and receive support. Plus, 2 initial live Zoom meetings which will allow us to share our pilot findings, outline the project and details, prepare you more fully for what to expect, and answer your questions.
So, if this is you, we would be delighted if you would join us.
For Registration we need:
- Full name
- Mobile number
- Qualifications (course titles, year)
- Number of years of regular practising to date
- Fully Insured: Yes/No
- Insurance company name
- Your general availability: Days, time periods, exceptions
- Ability to set up and use Zoom ( if needed Skype; Facetime; mobile phone)
We are working on making the booking system as simple as possible. If you are willing and able to join our team of volunteers, we will ask you to confirm your availability on a weekly basis, and contact you via the Frontline Stress & Trauma Practitioner FB private group or email as the need arises – please bear with us. We have no idea at this point on the take up we might have.
The agreement will be between you and the client, as it is in any therapeutic relationship.
We just ask you to keep us informed of sessions and basic results (adapted MYCAW-style based for continuity) for our records.
THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.
We look forward to working with you in this very much needed area. You are all stars.